Thursday, November 15, 2012

Follow Me on Pinterest

My homemade hot and mild sauce!

Ingredients
20 Jalapeños or 20 red hot peppers
Whole head of garlic
Two medium onions
About 2 tbsp of salt
2 - 4 tbsp of olive oil
5 tbsp of vinegar

Blend peppers, 1 onion and half head of garlic, add a bit of the vinegar to blend everything together, and the salt. In a frying pan add the remainder of the olive oil, chop finely the onion and the other half of garlic and let brown,on low heat. Add pepper paste and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat. Turn off oven let the sauce cool for 5 to 10 minutes and put in jars.

I made this recipe the same but used jalapeños for the very hot sauce and hot peppers for mild. I had lots of hot peppers in my garden so decided to give it a try, and so far my recipe has been a hot hit. I make other sauces with it as well, which I will be posting those up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :-) Thanks
Type your comment on the box below.
Underneath the comment box you have "COMMENT AS"
Click on the box and scroll down to choose an account.
If you do not have an account than select anonymous.
Press publish