Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Follow Me on Pinterest

Super easy and versatile dishes using watercress

Hey everyone, June is the month that I get to pick fresh and completly organic watercress. 


I have a ravine in the far back of my property and a few years ago I came across this beautiful area full of watercress. Ever since, I pick baskets of fresh and tender watercress. 
I love picking watercress, it is so soothing and peacefull to hear nothing but the slow flow of the water and all the sounds of nature. In addition to relaxation, family and friends usually tag along and we have a great bonding time :-)

I harvest watercress through out this month, once July comes along, they taste bitter. 

I sure enjoy this delicious vegetable in  many of my dishes. I make watercress salads, soups, sandwiches. I also add it to my green smoothie. 


Doesn't get more organic than this.

Watercress is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, and is so versatile. 

Check back to see all my watercress dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :-) Thanks
Type your comment on the box below.
Underneath the comment box you have "COMMENT AS"
Click on the box and scroll down to choose an account.
If you do not have an account than select anonymous.
Press publish